The Science of Music for Sleep
Gaelen ‘Thomas’ Dickson
Music Psychology Expert (Researcher | Entrepreneur)
PhD UNSW | Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
PhD candidate at the University of New South Wales, specialising in the use of music as a sleep aid and primary author of “How Does Music Aid Sleep? Literature Review”. I’ve combined music psychology research, and app development to build a world-first sleep app that composes relaxing music for sleep. My research interests include music for sleep, music for focus, music for relaxation and music for peak performance. I am keen to give actionable and evidence-based advice around using music as a tool to improve the health and wellbeing of individuals.
Purchase Music For Sleep – Soon! I’m currently writing this book. If you are interested sign up and I’ll let you know when it’s done. Alternatively, if you are interested you can get a free copy in advance as “beta tester”.
Download Free 30 Day Music For Sleep Prescription
- Spotify Playlist
- Book Summary
- Sleep Checklist
- Mp3 Audiofile composed by Thomas
- Vote on Thomas’ next book
- How to choose the best music for you
- Guide to using Can’t Sleep App
- and much more
Listen to 10hrs of music generated by Can’t Sleep App in simple audio files.
Can’t Sleep App was invented by Thomas Dickson, Australian expert in music and sleep psychology. The artificially intelligent music helps you sleep by distracting you from wakeful thoughts, calming your mood and relaxing your body. Simply choose your soundscape in the app, enjoy new relaxing music and you’ll wake up tomorrow having forgotten falling asleep. Try it now Free for 7-days and sleep better tonight!
Listen to Thomas Dickson discuss his research on the psychology of music for sleep at the sleep junkies podcast
Read Thomas’ Research on the Psychology of Music For Sleep.
- How Does Music Aid Sleep? Literature Review (Dickson, Schubert)
- Self-reported reasons for listening to music for sleep (Dickson, Schubert)
- Features of Successful and Unsuccessful Music for Sleep (Dickson, Schubert)
- Music On Prescription to Aid Sleep (Dickson, Schubert)
- Perception of Melodic Variation: Note Duration and Pitch Manipulation (Dickson, Schubert)
Contact Thomas Dickson about his research, mobile app, book or free resources.